Writing is the ultimate tool for business and personal growth. But the benefits are often unclear until AFTER you start writing regularly.
So what are the signs you aren't writing enough? Below is an incomplete list.
Here are a few signs you need to write more:
- Audience growth as slowed to a crawl.
- Opportunities never seem to find YOU.
- Trying to close new business feels like pulling teeth.
- Customers ask you the same questions often... and you answer personally each time.
- Potential customers don't always "get" what you do. It takes a lot of explaining.
- You struggle to "connect" the dots between new ideas in your industry.
- You're doing great work, but no one seems to recognize it.
- Your personal development has plateaued.
- You're mad, frustrated, or disappointed and not sure why.
- You quickly lose motivation to complete a project, even for things that excite you.
- You feel stuck in your business or career and aren't sure why or what do to next.
- You make the same mistakes over and over again.
- It's hard for you to break bad habits or form good habits.
- Your self talk is mean, condescending, or worse.
- The answer to "what should I do next?" is often unclear.
- You're overwhelmed by worries and to-do's, both personally and professionally.
- Your projects often fail due to unforeseen obstacles.
- You regularly set goals that you don't achieve.
- Your team members often complete work incorrectly or not at all.
- You find it hard to empathize with others.
- You struggle to say what you mean in conversation.
- It's a challenge trying to persuade.
- You have 1000 ideas floating in your head.
- Your creative spark has gone out.
- You feel blocked when trying to write or create.
- You have stories inside you dying to get out.
- You're ready to show the world what you're capable of.
If any of these resonate with you, it may be time to build a writing habit. Join the Great Founders Write cohort to finally start writing.